Meet Our Wichita Kansas Personal Injury Attorneys
Each attorney at Warner Law Offices has more than 25 years of experience representing individuals and families in cases involving serious injury and wrongful death caused by medical malpractice, car wrecks, dangerous products, work injuries and other types of negligence. We have built a strong reputation for getting justice and compensation for our clients in injury and death cases in Wichita and throughout Kansas.
Attorney Thomas M. Warner Jr.
Thomas M. Warner Jr. was born, raised and educated in Kansas. He was admitted to the Bar in 1985 after receiving his law degree from Washburn University where he was on the staff of the Washburn Law Journal. He received a degree in Political Science from the University of Kansas before going to law school. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the District of Kansas and the United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Warner has extensive litigation and courtroom experience. This experience has led to his dual Board Certifications in both Trial and Pretrial Practice by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Only an extremely small number of Kansas attorneys have earned this dual certification. To be board certified in both trial and pretrial practice, an attorney must meet the vigorous standards of the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Hiring an attorney who is board certified helps to ensure that the opposition knows you are represented by a skilled, experienced attorney who is well known and respected and has a proven track record of success both in and out of court.
Mr. Warner's advocacy skills have led to many successful verdicts and settlements for the individuals and families he represents including numerous verdicts and settlements of one million dollars or more. Because of this, he was invited to join and is a life member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has also been designated a Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer every year since 2005. This is a designation voted on by peers and awarded to only 5 percent of the attorneys in the State of Kansas.
Thomas Warner was recognized by Best Lawyers® as Lawyer of the Year for 2017 in the area of medical malpractice litigation - plaintiffs, for Wichita. Mr. Warner was also named Lawyer of the Year for 2016 in the area of personal injury litigation - personal injury plaintiffs.
Mr. Warner also was named to The Best Lawyers in America© for Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice--Plaintiffs.
Areas of Practice:
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Kansas, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Washburn University School of Law Topeka, Kansas, 1984 Juris Doctor
- University of Kansas, 1981 B.A. Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships of Thomas M. Warner, Jr.:
- Wichita Bar Association Member
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association Member
- American Association for Justice Member
<Back to Top>
Attorney Anne H. Pankratz
Anne Pankratz was admitted to the Bar in 1986. She obtained her law degree from the University of Kansas School of Law and Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing and Master of Arts in Health Administration from Wichita State University. Anne, a licensed registered nurse, has focused her legal career on medical malpractice and personal injury cases. She is currently admitted to practice law before the United States Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit; U.S. District Courts, District of Kansas and Northern District of Oklahoma.
Ms. Pankratz was raised in the small Kansas community of Kingman. After obtaining her nursing license, Anne worked several years at a large Wichita hospital, where she became a devoted patient advocate. This basic concept continues to guide Anne's legal practice - to achieve justice for patients when they have been injured by the conduct of physicians, nurses or hospitals. Ms. Pankratz is committed to the philosophy that all cases are important, no matter how large or small; and no matter how complex the medical facts involved. Combining her medical and legal knowledge, Ms. Pankratz has consistently been able to obtain excellent results for her clients.
Anne has been involved in litigation for over 25 years. While she occasionally handles personal injury cases and complex product liability cases, Anne has primarily focused her practice on medical malpractice. In the past, Anne has litigated birth injury cases involving cerebral palsy caused by a failure to timely deliver the baby; shoulder dystocia resulting from a mismanagement of the final stages of labor; birth injuries caused by a mother being prescribed inappropriate and contraindicated drugs during her pregnancy; hypoglycemic brain injury caused by a failure to properly monitor a newborn's blood sugar after the child's birth; brain injury caused by a failure to appropriately and timely resuscitate a baby after its birth; and traumatic birth injuries which result in severe brain injury.
Anne has cases in both state and federal courts in Kansas and Oklahoma. In addition, she has litigated and settled more than 100 cases in Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Mississippi. Some of the Ms. Pankratz's cases reported by state and federal courts include:
- Bennett v. Fieser, 1993 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 21589
- Lemuz by & Through Lemuz v. Fieser, 1996 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 6477
- Garcia v. Estate of Arribas, 363 F. Supp. 2d 1309 (2005)
- Swinger v. Warner-Lambert Co., 1999 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 14985
- Utley v. Wray, 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 68413
- Safeco Ins. Co. of Am. v. Billingsley, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 53969
- Berndt v. Levy, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 103546
- Weese v. Schukman, 1994 WL 326660, (D. Kan. Jun 23, 1994);
- Dodd-Anderson By and Through Dodd-Anderson v. Stevens, 905 F.Supp. 937 (D. Kan. Oct 31, 1995)
- Stucky By and Through Stucky v. Bates, 2 F.Supp.2d 1434 (D. Kan. Apr 24, 1998)
- Aldoroty v. HCA Health Services of Kansas, Inc. 962 P.2d 501 (Kan. July 10, 1998)
- Endorf v. Bohlender, 995 P.2d 896 (Kan. App. Jan 14, 2000)
- Moore ex rel. Moore v. Memorial Hosp. of Gulfport, 825 So.2d 658 (Miss. Sep 5, 2002)
- Linnstaedter v. McFarland, 2004 WL 3592866, Kan. Dist. Ct., July 21, 2004 (No. 03-CV-2107)
- Warhurst v. Stevens, 2005 WL 319934, Kan. Dist. Ct. May 9, 2005 (No. 03-CV-1906)
It has always been Anne's practice to maintain good communication and personalization with her clients in order to achieve a successful legal practice with satisfied clients.
Anne is a member of the Wichita and Kansas Bar Associations, the Kansas Association for Justice and the American Association of Justice. Ms. Pankratz is also currently a member of the Kansas State Board of Nursing. In her spare time, Anne enjoys family activities with her husband and two sons, running, and playing the piano.
Areas of Practice:
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability Law
- Practice devoted to litigation of personal injury and death cases
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th. Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Kansas
- University Of Kansas School Of Law, Juris Doctor
- Wichita State University, Master of Arts, Health Care Administration
- Wichita State University, Bachelor of Science, Nursing
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Wichita Bar Association: Member
- Kansas Association of Justice: Board of Governors
- American Association of Justice: Member
- Kansas Bar Association: Member